Saturday, September 27, 2008

"Damn."

I didn't go away. I didn't disappear. I didn't get married. I didn't run off with Benjamin Braddock. Though, looking back, I probably should have.

I've been living life. "Finding myself" or whatever the hell you're supposed to do when you're in college. If finding yourself means sitting around waiting for 30 Rock to premiere, than yeah. I've been finding myself real good.

The truth is, I've been writing a lot. I just haven't been posting it. There are a slew of reasons for this. I'll give you a couple.

For one, it's hard to write things and then post them and then submit them to a class. Turns out, that's counted as plagiarism. Self plagiarism. The masturbation of the writing world.

Two is that I am having somewhat of an existential John Keats Crisis Moment where I don't know if I should be sitting at home writing and being really proactive with my very liberal totally for Obama art, or if I should be out and about picking up interesting things I can incorporate into my essays. I am, in all honesty, having a very difficult time figuring out if I should make art or live art.

I've also really gotten into poetry lately. I don't really look good in berets (head's too big), but I am thinking of changing my major. Again. This time to poetry. How much more pretentious can I get? Well, I'm taking a Shakespeare class this semester, so we'll see.

Stay turned, you nerds. I'll be here and there. After this semester is over you'll get a couple of new postings because I'll have nowhere else to post my creations after they are graded and stamped with a Bullshit University Seal of Approval. AKA, the condensation from the bottom of a Corona beer bottle.

4 Comments:

  • At 1:06 PM, Blogger Jesse said…

    "Stay turned, you nerds" - It feels like a personal message to me.

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Stefi said…

    It probably is. I don't think anybody else reads this blog anymore.

     
  • At 12:34 PM, Anonymous esendra said…

    Course people still read it.

     
  • At 3:45 AM, Blogger Humaun Kabir said…

    Thank you for your post. This is excellent information. It is amazing and wonderful to visit your site. It really gives me an insight on this topic.Here you can find many more tips about Self Improvement and Personal Finance.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home